Lexington Habitat for Humanity Named One of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 2019

 

Lexington, Ky. (Jan. 23, 2019) – The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management (KYSHRM) and Lifestyle Health Plans just announced the 100 companies that made the 15th Annual Best Places to Work in Kentucky list,  and Lexington Habitat for Humanity was named as one of 42 companies in the Small Company Category. This is Lexington Habitat’s 4th consecutive year being awarded One of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky.

“We are extremely proud that our local Habitat for Humanity affiliate has received this recognition and want to offer our congratulations to all of the companies and agencies recognized this year. The Leadership Team and Board have worked collaboratively to create a professional and engaging environment in which we can all serve our Community. This recognition is extremely meaningful as the scoring criteria is based 25 percent on policies, practices and demographics and the remaining 75 percent is based on anonymous employee surveys. It is rewarding for Lexington Habitat for Humanity to know our employees’ value and appreciate their workplace environment. Our core mission is uniquely designed to offer people in our community the opportunity to have a decent, affordable place to call home.” said Marlene Helm, Lexington Habitat for Humanity Board President.

“We are excited and honored to achieve one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky Awards. Lexington Habitat makes a significant contribution to this community not only in service to those in need but also to economic development,” said Lexington Habitat CEO Rachel Smith Childress. “We work hard to be good stewards of the resources invested in our ministry. We are able to do that because of the incredibly gifted and committed staff we have. Providing a family/team oriented environment, flexible work schedules, fun activities, competitive benefits, open communication and a meaningful mission that allows our staff to work alongside amazing community partners helps us attract and retain a high quality staff. We are grateful for the BPTW program which celebrates our efforts and provides information which will help us become even better in the future.”

The final winner rankings will be announced at an awards dinner Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at Heritage Hall in the Lexington Convention Center. Winners from across the state have been selected in three categories: small companies of 15-149 employees, medium companies of 150-499 employees and large companies consisting of more than 500 employees (categories based on number of U.S. employees, only Kentucky employees surveyed). The selection process, managed by Best Companies Group, is based on an assessment of the company’s employee policies and procedures and the results of an internal employee survey. The competition is a multi-year initiative designed to motivate companies in the Commonwealth to focus, measure and move their workplace environments toward excellence. Numerous studies show a strong correlation between profitability and creating a good place to work.

For more details about Best Places to Work in Kentucky, visit www.bestplacestoworkky.com.

About Lexington Habitat for Humanity

Lexington Habitat’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Lexington Habitat’s homebuyer program has served over 450 Lexington families, while Lexington Habitat’s Love Your Neighborhood Repair Program has helped more than over 100 families with repairs needed to keep their homes stable. Additionally, Lexington Habitat’s Love Your Neighborhood Clean-Up projects have served thousands in our community with work in over a dozen neighborhoods and parks. To learn more about Lexington Habitat for Humanity visit www.lexhabitat.org